After an impressive 2013 campaign capped by a U23 National Championship and second in NRC standings, the Hincapie Sportswear Development Cycling Team rolls into 2014 with high confidence and expectations to match.
Joey Rosskopf, second overall in 2013 NRC standings, and two-time U23 National Criterium Champion Ty Magner will again anchor the squad. They’ll be joined by new and returning riders who are capable of competing for the podium at every race they enter.
Last season Chief Sports Director Thomas Craven guided the team to both domestic and international results, taking individual stage wins, general classification victories and team classifications.
Notable results included:
- National Championships: 1st U23 Criterium Championship, time trial silver medal
- NRC Standings: 2nd overall
- Tour de Beauce: time trial win
- Tour of Utah: Best Young Rider’s jersey after finishing 3rd on stage 1
- Fleche du Sud: Stage win, 1st Team Classification, 3rd General Classification
- Paris Arras: 1st General Classification, 1st Team Classification
- Cascade Cycling Classic: Criterium win, and 1st and 2nd on final stage. 2nd General Classification
- Joe Martin Stage Race: Team podium sweep, stage 3
- Puivelde Kermis win by Robin Carpenter
“There were many 2013 highlights, as we achieved significant results through the entire season at both national and international levels,” said Thomas Craven. “Winning another national championship and finishing second in the NRC standings sets the bar high for 2014, and gives our riders the confidence to know they can compete at the top levels of the sport.”
The team’s 2014 roster includes returning riders Alder Martz, Ty Magner, Joey Rosskopf, Joe Lewis, Oscar Clark, Robin Carpenter and Thomas Wrona. New for 2014 are Charlie Hough, Jake King, Toms Skujins, Alexander Ray, Dionne Smith, Miguel Bryon and Joe Schmalz.
The team will line up at NRC and NCC races, and will also head to Europe for a block of spring racing. For more information visit http://www.HincapieRacing.com/. Follow the team at Facebook.com/HincapieRacing and Twitter.com/HincapieDevo.