Favorite Muscle Milk Recipe/Smoothie: The Classic Cytocake by Ryan and Sara Hall
The perfect pre and post-workout meal. Makes one large, single-serving pancake
- 1/3 cup of your favorite pancake mix
- 1 scoop Muscle Milk or Muscle Milk Light (Good Flavors: Brownie Batter, Cake Batter, Vanilla Creme, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter)
- 1/2 cup water - each flour/mix absorbs fluid different, so add until pancake batter is the correct consistency – thick, but mixable
- Any pancake fillings you like: cut up banana, chocolate chips, nuts, cocoa powder, cinnamon, coconut… the possibilities are endless!
** If you’re in a rush as we usually are, you can substitute the first 3 ingredients for 1/3 cup of your favorite pancake mix. Bisquick Heart Smart works great! Pamela’s is a great gluten free pancake mix.
1) Heat greased skillet on medium heat
2) Combine all ingredients until batter is smooth
3) Pour into heated skillet
4) Once bubbles form and golden brown underneath, flip pancake
5) Cook on other side until golden brown.
6) Serve with butter, margarine, or top with crumbled chocolate.
What is your favorite Muscle Milk Flavor?
When do you use it?
In Pancakes before workouts and races, or in a post-workout smoothie
If you could create any Muscle Milk flavor, what would it be?
Mint chocolate brownie
What does a typical in-season training day look like for you?
Wake up, eat a Muscle Milk pancake, do some light self-massage and head out for a short run. Come home, eat lunch, head to church for some classes, and then go to my track workout (4-5 miles of intervals). Eat a Muscle Milk bar or shake, hit the weight room, and then head home for dinner. Hang out with my husband and our two mini huskies, maybe do a little standup paddleboarding on the lake
What's your favorite/go-to workout or drill?
Progressive run, picking up the pace each mile
If you could trade places with any other Muscle Milk athlete for a day, who would it be?
If you weren't a professional athlete, what would you want to be?
Working for a nonprofit doing international development work in East Africa